River City Chickens is excited to teach another Chickens 101 course, scheduled for Thursday, Sept 15, 7-9 pm, offered through the Devonian Botanic Garden.
Urban chicken-keeping demystified. Topics include:
• Coop design and requirements
• Feeding and care
• Winter needs and concerns
• Breed selection, buying hens, and flock introductions
• Predator and vermin prevention
• Waste management
• Disease recognition and control
• End of life options
...and many other tips and resources for keeping hens in the Edmonton region.