River City Chickens presents "Chickens 101", an informative workshop for anyone interested in keeping backyard hens. Sunday 24th April @10am, at the Stanley A. Milner Library, tickets available through Eventbrite.
• Municipal, Provincial and Federal requirements
• Coop design and requirements
• Feeding and care
• Winter needs and concerns
• Breed selection, buying hens, and flock introductions
• Predator and vermin prevention
• Waste management
• Disease recognition and control
• End of life options
and many other tips and resources for keeping hens in Edmonton.
There will be plenty of time included for questions, discussion and meeting other chicken enthusiasts! A certificate of participation will be provided. The City of Edmonton has advised that this is acceptable as proof of training when applying for a City of Edmonton urban hens licence.